For a list of past published research projects click here.
EDITED JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUES:
- “The Literature of the Anthropocene”, a special issue of C21 Literature: Journal of 21st-Century Writing (2018), co-edited with Daniel Cordle.
- “Station Eleven and Twenty-First-Century Writing”, a special issue of Open Library of Humanities (2018), co-edited with Daniel King.
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS ORGANISED (as part of teams):
- BACLS (British Association for Contemporary Literary Studies) Virtual Conference 2020, “Crisis in Contemporary Writing”.
- “New Research on American Literature and Neoliberalism”, Edinburgh Napier University, 2019.
- “Canons and Values in Contemporary Literary Studies”, one-day events at University of Southampton and UCL, 2019.
- Contemporary Studies Network Workshop: “Contemporary Canonicity: Or, What Not to Read”, BACLS What Happens Now 2018, Loughborough University.
- “500 Years of Utopia”, University of Nottingham, 2016.
- “Money Talks: Inequality and North-American Identity”, University of Nottingham, 2015.
- “Forgotten Voices: Imperatives of Memory and the Vagaries of History in American Culture, from Settlement to 1900”, University of Nottingham, 2012.
PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVES ORGANISED:
- Co-organiser of Contemporary Studies Network US Election Night: screening of You’ve Been Trumped Too & panel discussion. Broadway Cinema, Nottingham, November 2016.
- 2015-16 organiser of U.S. Studies Online #Bookhour, Twitter discussions between scholars and the public on selected novels.