- “Generation X: its tales about McJobs and information overload feel as poignant now as in 1990s“, The Conversation, March 2021. The article has since been republished in several news outlets, including Salon.
- “We have worked out just what Tenet is all about…“, RTÉ Brainstorm, January 2021.
- “Writing the Sleep Crisis“, The Polyphony, December 2020.
- Entry on the iPhone in Ling Ma’s Severance in Crossed Lines online exhibition on literary telephones. November 2020.
- “McJobs and Veal Fattening Pens: Work and Futurity in Generation X.” ASAP/J, “Thirty Years of Generation X” Thinking With cluster, November 2020. This piece is part of a cluster of essays celebrating the 2021 30-year anniversary of the publication of Generation X – you can find the other essays and a recorded roundtable on the novel here.
- “‘Every day is like Sunday’: Reading the Time of Lockdown via Douglas Coupland“. boundary 2 online, May 2020.
- “Archipelago, Jim Crace’s last novel that never was”, Ransom Center Magazine, February 2018.
- “What Now for UK Academia? Twelve Academics on Brexit“. WomenAreBoring, June 2016.
Public-facing videos and podcasts are available here.